Jo visits the Swanson family of Ellensburg, Washington, where parents Ken (32) and Vania (29) are struggling to discipline their 5 sons: 9-year-old Alex, 8-year-old Dawson, 5-year-old Myca, 4-year-old Brenden, and 3-year-old Christian who are outta control with their aggressive behavior.
Vania isn't as strict as Ken, which causes frustration for both of them. Because of Ken and Vania's disagreements with their form of discipline, they are on the verge of divorce.
Can Jo help this family out?
Jo introduced the Naughty Corner technique (seen in Parents Evaluation footage) and Household Routine (seen on chart in background), but we don't get to actually see the Swansons learn them. This episode is more about family bonding and trust than it is about discipline.
- Episode summary on supernanny.co.uk
- Episode recap on Blisstree
- Supernanny Saves Couple from Divorce - Darn Divorce blog, 1/9/2007. Interview with Vania and Ken about Supernanny's visit and the results. We learn that Vania filed divorce papers in March 2006 and six months later the couple were being filmed Supernanny. She credits being on the program with saving her marriage. Ken is the one who wrote in for help.
- ‘Supernanny' saves local couple's marriage - Ellensburg Daily Record, 1/8/2007
- Ellensburg welcomes Uber, new cab company following Rodeo weekend - Central Washington University Observer, 10/8/2015. In this, we learn Ken is the owner of Rodeo Town Taxi Company. This article introduces two new business competitors for Ken.
- Rodeo sponsoring free rides to get people home safely - Ellensburg Daily Record, 8/28/2014. In this, we learn that Ken's taxi company partners with the Ellensburg Rodeo and local sponsors to provide free ride service during the rodeo.
- Ellensburg City Council discusses transit survey - Ellensburg Daily Record, 8/10/2011. The second half of the article details Ken's thoughtful protests to the city council regarding free bus service to area residents, which could potentially put him out of business.
|Bowersock Family • Weinstein Family • Fager Family • Swanson Family • Mihalik Family • Smith Family • Haines Family • Nitti Family • Bruno Family • McAfee Family • Goins Family • Williams Family • Walker Family • Cantoni Family • Amouri Family|