The potty training technique is for parents to be able to teach that the bathroom is the place to go, and as a big kid, there will not be any diapers until the evening.
- Show child the bathroom, and explain to them that that's the place to go.
- Take child to the bathroom when they need to go.
- Take child's pants down
- Let the child choose to sit on the grown up toilet, or the potty.
- When child decides, talk to them about something different. For example, tell a story.
- Once your child has used the toilet, give encouragement and praise.
In this video, Dylan starts off throwing a fit while on the toilet, but Kevin tells him a cute story about an elephant. He eventually calms down, and he used the toilet in the Van Acker Family.